Big Tech Strikes Again: YouTube Suspends Trump’s Account Under The Same ‘Potential for Violence’ Claim Used By Twitter And Facebook

Youtube became the latest tech company to censor President Donald Trump from its platform, saying on Tuesday that after a “review” it determined that there is an “ongoing potential for violence” following the chaos in Capitol Hill on January 6.

“1/After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies. It now has its 1st strike & is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a *minimum* of 7 days,” the video-sharing platform said.

Trending: ‘The Scoop’ Co-Founders Permanently Banned From Facebook For “Violating Community Standards”

YouTube, didn’t explain the content of the “offending video,” but said it was the account’s “first strike.”

Three “strikes” within a 90-day period will result in a user’s YouTube channel being permanently banned from the platform.

POLL: Do You Think Joe Biden Is Going To Destroy America And Sell Us Out To China?

Completing this poll entitles you to TheScoop.us updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime with a single click. Here's our Privacy Policy.

The Google-owned platform also noted that the ability to comment on the President’s YouTube channel will be disabled “indefinitely.”

“2/Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump’s channel, as we’ve done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section.”

Just last month, YouTube, also announced it will get rid of any content on its platform questioning the election win of Democrat Joe Biden.

The platform owned by Google, which is often met with criticism for its liberal bias, said aside from cancelling voices questioning Biden’s victory, it will also promote “authoritative news sources,” such as NBC and CBS in its video recommendations —  also news outlets largely seen to be more left-leaning.

YouTube’s announcement follows a string of social media and tech companies’ move to ban President Trump from various platforms last week, pushing the narrative that the Republican President’s tweets, posts and videos “incite violence” and is therefore a threat to “democracy.”

Critics, however, blasted the big tech’s bias after multiple videos of Democrats calling for violence of physical confrontation remain untouched and live on its platforms — and the users’ accounts also remain active.

Last week social media giants Facebook, Twitter and Instagram announced banning President Trump’s account either “indefinitely” or permanently over claims of concerns over public’s safety.

Other tech companies Google and Apple also moved to remove social media platform Parler from its app stores as Amazon announced it will withdraw Parler from its cloud hosting service.

All these firms have claimed that the President’s words will “incite violence” to justify their reasons for taking actions not only against Trump but his supporters, their competition and other conservative voices on social media.

Are you concerned about the threat of Big Tech liberal censorship?

Let us know in the comment section below…

Steeve Strange

Steeve is the CEO & Co-Founder of The Scoop.

Share Your Thoughts

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.