Twitter CFO: Trump Never Allowed On Twitter, Even If Elected President In 2024
Twitter CFO Ned Segal appeared on CNBS’s “Squawk Box” and responded to host Rebecca Quick’s question regarding Trump’s return to the platform.
The question Quick asked, “former President Trump was banned. If he came back and ran for office again and elected president, would you allow him back on the platform?”
Segal responded, “So, the way out policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform, whether you’re a commentator, whether you’re a CFO, or you are a former or current public official. So, remember, our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anyone does that, we would have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.”
Twitter CFO Ned Segal says former President Trump will never be allowed back on the platform:
“When you're removed from the platform, you're removed from the platform … Remember, our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence.” pic.twitter.com/5iwdXRDQcO
— The Recount (@therecount) February 10, 2021
Twitter’s posted a response “Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump” on Jan 8, 2021 in a blog section explaining their ‘comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case’
Below is a listed a number of factors as to how they determined the two Tweets from his account were ‘likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on Jan 6, 2021’
- “President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an ‘orderly transition’ on January 20th.”
- “The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a ‘safe’ target, as he will not be attending.”
- “The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.”
- “The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election. “
- “Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”
Share Your Thoughts
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.